Wednesday 19 December 2012

HTTP Error 404.3 -Not Found

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the 

extension configuration.If the page is a script,add a handler. If the 

file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.






















Recently my colleague has faced this problem & he came to me & 

asking for solution ;after doing some research I got the solution & 

here I am going to share it with you...

The scenario was as follows :-

The system was Windows 7 Professional edition with IIS 7.5 

typically installed & the file which I am trying to open is .asp

& while opening I got the above error...  


Let's Start Solving the 404.3 ERROR

First go to control panel > Programs and Features> Turn 

Windows Feature on or off

Navigate  Internet information Services>World Wide Web 

services>Application Development Features

& here Check the box named ASP & if you are getting error with 

another kind of file like CGI the check the box named CGI.

If your Computer has Sufficient Hardware to Support all IIS 7.5 

Services then check the all boxes which comes Under Internet 

Information Services & press OK








































That's it , 

I hope you got the solution for your problem

Work Smarter...

3 comments :

  1. Thanks for your grateful informations, am working in <a href="http://www.fntsofttech.com/complaints/complaints_webdesign.php>FNT software solutions</a>, so it will be helpful info for my works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are iska kya use hai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you this allowed me to get HAI Web-Link II working on my windows 7 box.
    DanP

    ReplyDelete